Can’t Be Tamed:
Who Owns My Heart:
Miley Cyrus kicked off her Gypsy Heart tour last night, April 29, to a sold-out crowd in Quito, Ecuador, and looks like it was nothing but a hit with fans and parents alike! Live tweeting from the show was someone from Ecuadorian newspaper Hoy who kept us updated throughout the whole show with twitpics and the setlist. You can see all of his twitpics (LQ) HERE.
It was also confirmed Miley’s show in San Paulo will be recorded for DVD, so we will all get to see it in a decent quality eventually.
The full setlist for the show went as follows:
Party In The USA
Kicking And Screaming
Joan Jett Medley (I Love Rock N’ Roll, Cherrybomb and Bad Reputation)
Every Rose Has Its Thorn
Forgiveness And Love
Fly On The Wall
(3?) Cover Songs – One being Nirvana’s “Smells Like Teen Spirit”
Can’t Be Tamed
Cover of Stevie Nicks’s “Landslide” (Acoustic)
Take Me Along
Two More Lonely People
~(Encore + Final Costume Change)~
See You Again
My Heart Beats For Love
Who Owns My Heart
Some highlights from the night:
- Miley said “Thanks, this is the first concert of this tour … What better place to be.”
- Miley cried during Obsessed – which she said was because she’s really happy and the song means a lot to her.
- The reporter said “Miley is a true star.” Fans are VERY pleased with her performances so far!” and that “the parents have the biggest smiles on their faces bc they see their kids having such a blast.”
- Miley said that it’s hard being on the road because she misses her family, and her little sister and dedicated her cover of Nirvana’s Smells Like Teen Spirit to Noah.
- At the end of the concert Miley told fans “Its been a great opening show, I’ve had many good memories here in Quito, some amazing moments, thank you all for such an amazing time”
Miley, her band and dancers all took to twitter after the show to tweet their gratitude to Quito and express what an amazing experience the show was for them:
MileyCyrus: Honestly I can’t believe my first show is already over. Amazinnggg. This crowd was beyond incredible. I cried my eyes out. so touched. ILY
sonyatayeh: WORDS CANNOT EXPRESS HOW WONDERFUL I FEEL ABOUT THE GYPSY HEART TOUR. MILEY YOU MELT MY HEART, DANCERS YOU CONSTANTLY AMAZE ME. SO HAPPY!
Jtalarico: the opening night was amazing to say the least. i cried a few times. i couldn’t be more happy. 🙂
MileyCyrus: I can’t wait for the next show! LIMA HERE I COME =] You got tough competition ECUADOR was freakingggg amaz!
Miley’s next stop is Lima, Peru on Sunday, May 1st. Are you ready Peru?!
More videos UNDER